Verti-Ori™ Veritical Borehole Orientation & Survey System
INTRODUCING THE WORLD’S FIRST CORE ORIENTATION TOOL FOR VERTICAL BOREHOLES.
The new Verti-Ori™ system is another example of the exciting and innovative products developed by 2iC Australia.
Not only does this tool provide core orientation on dead vertical holes, it also surveys the borehole at the same time! This data includes Magnetic Dip, Azimuth, Inclination & Intensity, Gravity Roll and Dog-Leg Severity which is easily downloaded directly into your mapping software or onto a thumb-drive as required.
Using a combination of the core face impression recorded on the Ori-Block™, in conjunction with the Magnetic Tool Face Reading provided by the Ezy-Az™ Borehole Survey Instrument, we are able to accurately determine the core orientation to Magnetic North.
Whilst this has been primarily designed for vertical boreholes, it works just as effectively in angled holes making this system one of the most adaptable products on the market.
After extensive testing this method has proven itself in varied applications, from the bitter cold of the Kazakhstan coalfields to the heat of the African deserts.
The complete instrument consists of the lower centralizer assembly (pictured above), attached to our Ezy-Az™ Borehole Survey Instrument (pictured on the right).
Behind the Ezy-Az™ sits a secondary centralizer unit to maintain accuracy when taking the reading.
With a few modified attachments, this tool is available to service all borehole sizes.
Features at a glance:
- Easy to use digital mechanical hybrid orientation system
- Automatic self centring
- Audit-able core stub footprint with Ori-Block™ recorded at the start of your core run while core is still part of the parent rock maximises data integrity
- Suitable for all hole depths and all angles including vertical holes
- Record all of your hole information on the Ori-Block™- no need to purchase additional core marker blocks
- Saves time and money
- First class global support
- Fits most hole sizes
- Bonus multi-shot and/or single shot borehole survey with each orientation